Varioskan LUX Multimode Microplate Reader
A delightfully easy to use multimode reader
Our newest multimode microplate reader combines simplicity with top-of-the-line performance. Designed for researchers with a wide variety of needs, the Thermo Scientific Varioskan LUX Multimode Microplate Reader offers features that help save time and reduce common errors in the lab—including automated dynamic range selection, which adjusts the optimal reading range based on signal intensities; and built-in safety controls, which alert you to potential errors before they happen.
Catering to all applications, skill sets
Varioskan LUX is a versatile tool for busy labs. Configure the instrument to your needs, then upgrade when your research focus changes. Supports the following measurement technologies:
- Absorbance (UV-Vis, including pathlength correction)
- Fluorescence Intensity (including FRET)
- Luminescence (direct and filtered, including BRET)
- AlphaScreen / AlphaLISA
- Time-resolved fluorescence (including TR-FRET, hTRF)
Flexible wavelength selection
The instrument selects the measurement wavelength using filters or monochromators, depending on which is optimal for each measurement technology.
- Monochromators in absorbance and fluorescence intensity
- Filters in AlphaScreen and time-resolved fluorescence
- Luminescence without wavelength selection (filters can be used if required)
The instrument also allows spectral scanning for ultimate flexibility for identifying the optimal measurement wavelength for any assay, now and in the future.